Mobilgear 600 XP 100
Mobil Gear Oils
Mobil Gear Oils
Most important applications of Mobilgear 600 XP 100 are:
- + Industrial gearing for conveyers, agitators, dryers, extruders, fans, mixers, presses, pulpers, pumps (including oil well pumps), screens, extruders and other heavy duty applications
- + Marine gearing including main propulsion, centrifuges, deck machinery such as winches, windlasses, cranes, turning gears, pumps, elevators and rudder carriers
- + Non-gear applications include shaft couplings, screws and heavily loaded plain and rolling contact bearings operating at slow speeds.
- + Mobilgear 600 XP 100 is approved by Siemens AG for use in Flender gearboxes
Features and Benefits of Mobilgear 600 XP 100 explained
- Enhanced gear wear protection from micropitting
- Reduced debris denting from generated wear particles
- Improved bearing wear protection
- Outstanding compatibility with a range of seal materials
- Excellent resistance to oil oxidation and thermal degradation
- High resistance to sludge and deposit formation
- Wide range of applications
- Optimised resistance to rust and corrosion of steel and corrosion of copper and soft metal alloys
- Resistance to foaming and emulsion formation
RECOMMENDATIONS FOR USE
The Mobilgear 600 XP 100 are extra high performance gear oils having outstanding extreme pressure characteristics and load-carrying properties, intended for use in all types of enclosed gear drives with circulation or splash lubrication systems. Mobilgear 600 XP 100 is designed to stay ahead of the changing needs of gearbox technology. Gearbox technology design trends are towards smaller units with similar power throughput. This increase in power density places increased demands on gear oils. Mobilgear 600 XP 100 oils are formulated to meet the stress by providing extra protection for gears, bearings and seals.
Mobilgear 600 XP 100 is formulated to protect gear teeth from wear at its earliest stages. Microscopic wear, called micropitting, can lead to significant gear tooth damage. Mobilgear 600 XP 100 exceeds the industry requirement for bearing wear protection. In fact, Mobilgear 600 XP 100 provides up to 15 times the wear protection as measured by the industry standard FAG FE 8 test. Mobilgear 600 XP 100 balanced formulation is able to provide maximum wear and corrosion protection while maintaining compatibility with common gearbox seal materials. Mobilgear 600 XP 100 helps to maintain gearbox seal integrity thereby preventing oil leaks and keeping contamination out. By protecting the gears, bearings and seals, Mobilgear 600 XP 100 can improve equipment reliability and increase productivity.
Mobilgear 600 XP 100 oils are recommended for industrial spur, helical and bevel enclosed gears with circulation or splash lubrication, operating at bulk oil temperatures up to 100ºC. They are particularly suitable for gear sets working under heavy or shock loads. Mobilgear 600 XP 100 oils also find broad application in marine gearing applications. They may also be used in non-gear applications include highly loaded and slow speed plain and rolling contact bearings.
Mobilgear 600 XP 100 should be stored under cover in clean, dry conditions and protected from frost. Recommended storage temperature is between 5oC and 35oC. Use stock in delivery rotation. A shelf life of twenty four months can be anticipated.