Mobil Velocite 6
Spindle and Hydraulic Oils
Most important applications of Mobil Velocite No 6 are:
- + High speed spindle bearings in machine tools and equipment where high speeds and fine clearances are involved
- + Precision grinders, lathes, jig borers and tracer mechanisms
- + Mobil Velocite Oil No 6 is recommended for “zero clearance” type spindle bearings which operate with extremely close clearances
- + For sleeve type spindle bearings having greater clearances, the choice of viscosity depends on the relation between clearance and spindle speed
- + Low pressure hydraulic systems where appropriate viscosity is selected
- + Air line oilers (Mobil Velocite Oil No. 10)
- + For some sensitive instruments such as telescopes, laboratory equipment, etc.
Obtain Mobil Velocite Number 6 from Lubrishop
Lubrishop can provide you with Mobil Velocite Number 6, as well as lubricants from Mobil and other manufacturers. You can place your order now, or if you’d like any guidance please do get in touch with Lubrishop – one of our experts will be happy to help.
Features and Benefits of Mobil Velocite series explained
- Good Oxidation Resistance
- Very Good Rust and Corrosion Protection
- Effective Water Separation
RECOMMENDATIONS FOR USE
The Mobil Velocite™ No. 6 Oil Numbered Series oils are premium performance products primarily designed for the lubrication of high-speed spindles in machine tools. Mobil Velocite No 6 are also used in some critical hydraulic, circulation systems and air line oilers where the appropriate viscosity grade is selected. Mobil Velocite No 6 are formulated from select high-quality, low viscosity base oils and additives that impart good resistance to oxidation and protection from rust and corrosion. Mobil Velocite No 6 possess very good resistance to foaming and separate readily from water.
Mobil Velocite No 6 should be stored under cover in clean, dry conditions and protected from frost. Recommended storage temperature is between 5C and 65C. Use stock in a delivery rotation. A shelf life of twenty-four months can be anticipated.