Mobil Rarus SHC 1024
Lubricating oil for air compressors
Main applications of Mobil Rarus SHC 1024 are:
- + Initially recommended for screw and vane compressors.
- + Very suitable for screw compressors with cooling by means of oil injection
- + Machines that have to work under heavy operating conditions.
- + Multistage compressors with a history of strong oil aging use of mineral products.
- + Compressor systems with critical gears and bearings.
- + Compressors in both permanent and mobile setup.
Features and Benefits of Mobil Rarus SHC 1024
Mobil Rarus SHC 1024 oils are primarily intended for the lubrication of screw and vane compressors. They are particularly suitable for applications that work continuously at high temperatures with a final compression temperature of above 200ºC. Rarus SHC 1024 oils are recommended for machines where a history of strong oil aging, malfunctioning valves and dirt build-up. They are tolerant with all metals used in it contemporary compressors and with mineral air compressor oil, but in case of mixing with other oils will reduce the overall quality. Mobil Rarus SHC 1024 is not recommended for breathing air equipment and should not be used in compressors where the discharge temperature is higher then the flash point of the product.
Using Mobil Rarus SHC 1024 oils contributes to cleaner compressors, which in comparison with conventional mineral oils more running hours can be made between service visits. Their excellent oxidation and thermal stability are a safe way to extend the oil resistance time, because pollution and fouling of scale is reduced. They give very good protection against wear and corrosion, increasing the lifespan and performance will be improved.
Mobil Rarus SHC 1024 offers the following benefits:
Specifications and Approvals
- ISO VG 32
- Viscosity, ASTM D 445 cSt at 40ºC 31.5
- Viscosity, ASTM D 445 cSt at 100ºC 5.7
- Viscosity index, ASTM D 2270 127
- Freezing point, ASTM D 97, ºC -48
- Flash point, ºC, ASTM D 92 245
- Density 15ºC / 15ºC, ASTM D1298 0.846