Mobil Rarus™ 827
Compressor oil for piston compressors
Main applications of Mobil Rarus ™ 827 are:
- + All types of air compressors, but specifically recommended for a reciprocating air compressor
- + Units that work under severe conditions
- + Multistage units with a history of excessive oil degradation of products based on mineral oil
- + They can be used for the lubrication of cylinders and crankcases
- + Compressor systems with critical gears and bearings
- + Compressors used in stationary and mobile applications
The Mobil Rarus 800 series oils are recommended for single and multi-stage air compressors, but are not recommended for air compressors used in compressed air applications. They are particularly effective for continuously high temperatures with discharge temperatures of up to 200ºC.
Purchase Mobil Rarus 827 from Lubrishop now.
Features and Benefits of Mobil Rarus 827
The Mobil Rarus 827 oils are recommended for single and multi-stage air compressors but are not recommended for air compressors used in compressed air applications. They are particularly effective for continuously high temperatures with discharge temperatures of up to 200ºC. They are suitable for reciprocating and rotating machines with the lower viscosity grades mainly used in rotary compressors. Rarus 800 series oils are recommended for units with a history of excessive oil degradation, poor valve performance or build up.
Mobil Rarus 827 are compatible with all metals used in compressor construction and with lubricants based on mineral oil, but by-mixture will compromise their performance. Mobil Rarus 800 series oils are compatible with seals made of fluorinated hydrocarbons, silicones, fluorosilicones, polysulfides, Viton, Teflon and high nitrile Buna N NBR (more than 36% acrylonitrile) materials. Non-recommended materials include low nitrile Bune N NBR (less than 30% acrylonitrile), natural and butyl rubbers, neoprene, polyacrylate, styrene / butadiene and chlorosulfonated polyethylene. Oil-resistant paints are not affected by the Mobil Rarus 827, but paint, varnish, PVC and acrylic paint are not recommended
The use of the Mobil Rarus 827 oils can result in cleaner compressors and lower deposits compared to conventional mineral oils, resulting in longer service periods between maintenance intervals. Their excellent oxidation and thermal stability ensure a safe extended life while controlling the formation of sludge and deposition. They have excellent protection against wear and corrosion, which extends the life and performance of the equipment
Mobil Rarus 827 offers the following benefits:
Specifications and Approvals
- ISO VG 100
- Viscosity, ASTM D 445 cSt at 40ºC 107.5
- Viscosity, ASTM D 445 cSt at 100ºC 10.12
- Viscosity index, ASTM D 2270 66
- Freezing point, ASTM D 97, ºC -36
- Flash point, ºC, ASTM D 92 270