Houghton Cut-Max V509 – Vegetable ester based neat cutting oil for machining and grinding
Cut-Max V509 is a low viscosity environmentally friendly crop oil based, mineral oil-free neat cutting oil, which contributes to a better working environment by significantly less tendency to cause oil mist. The advanced formula is extremely oxidation resistant. Cut-Max V509 has very low volatility compared to mineral oil based products. Much higher flash point gives improved fire safety and fewer losses due to misting and evaporation.
Cut-Max V509 is designed for grinding applications including CBN and general machining applications such as turned parts. The low viscosity ensures minimal drag out on swarf and the product is suitable for a wide range of materials include cast iron, steel, yellow metals and aluminium alloys.
Cut-Max V509 is used neat as supplied.
- Mineral oil-free renewable technology.
- Low oil mist for improved operator safety.
- High flash point reduces fire risk.
- Less usage compared to mineral oils.
- Low viscosity for minimum drag out on swarf.
- Suitable for cast iron, steels, aluminium and brass.
- Excellent wetting and cooling properties.
- High natural lubricity for optimum surface finish and performance.
- Resistant to oxidation for long service life with no gums or lacquers.